Since 1952, when two entrepreneurs founded Border States to serve the electric utility industry, we’ve grown into a product and supply chain powerhouse. Today, our more than 2,300 employee-owners provide products, materials management solutions, and delivery and logistics expertise to tens of thousands of customers across diverse industries including:
- Electrical construction
- Health care
- Oil and gas
- Renewable energy
We Build Innovation on Our Customers' Business Goals
Aligning with a strong business partner is critical to business success. Our solutions and services—rooted in deep expertise and industry diversity—make us a powerful supply chain partner for businesses across a broad, growing customer base.
- Our product assortment is always among the broadest available anywhere.
- Expert and time-tested inventory management and replenishment capabilities reduce our customers' materials cost, inventory investment and vendor base.
- Running our own GPS-enabled delivery fleet ensures on-time deliveries, self-unloading capabilities and precise materials placement—even during emergencies.
- We interact directly with our customers' back-end inventory systems and transfer information through electronic data interchange (EDI) for precise supply chain management.
- Our customers talk to a real person when they call us for help—our technical support improves productivity and reliability, lowers total cost, and reduces risk.
- Our customized training draws upon the full support of our manufacturers to keep our customers' businesses up-to-speed on the latest products, applications and process solutions.